Are you thinking of buying an iPhone? Take note that as compared to other mobile phones today, this Smartphone is not as cheap as you thought it to be. Hence, a serious investment must be planned prior to shopping for one in the market. This article will cover price estimates on buying a brand new iPhone 4—the latest, smartest, and thinnest in the group of Smartphone models in today’s market.
Typical Cost Of an iPhone
The average cost of an iPhone 4 starts from $599 to $750.
Included In The Price Of iPhones
The price includes the iPhone 4, lithium-ion battery, Apple earphones with remote and mic, USB power adapter, dock connector, limited warranty, and documentation.
Consider These Factors
- Type of purchase. There are two ways on how you can get an iPhone 4 in the U.S. You can get an unlocked iPhone 4 from the Apple Store without a contract. A 16GB iPhone 4 is priced at $649 while a 32GB one costs $749. On the other hand, you can purchase an icon through plans from AT&T or Verizon. An iPhone 4 plan from both providers start from $199 for 16GB and $299 for 32GB per month. This includes a two-year commitment.
- Capacity. An iPhone 4 comes with either a 16GB or 32 GB flash drive. The latter is more expensive, of course.
- iPhone 3G. This iPhone is the older version of Apple’s iPhone. This is a cheaper model as compared to the iPhone 4. An 8GB iPhone 3G costs around $400 while a 32GB iPhone 3G costs around $500.
- Monthly plans. You need three kinds of plans for your iPhones before you can fully take advantage of all its features. You need a data plan, a voice plan, and a text messaging plan. Check out the AT&T and Verizon Wireless website to find plans that suit you best. Data plans today range from $15 to $80 per month, voice plans from $35 to $70 a month, and text plans from $5 to $20 a month.
- Applications. What’s an iPhone without apps to keep you entertained? Games usually cost from a dollar to $15 while advanced apps can cost higher.
- Accessories. You may need various accessories for your iPhone such as snap case, bookcase, headsets, and the like. Check out the Apple Store for the prices of these accessories.
- AppleCare Protection Plan. Originally, an iPhone comes with a one year hardware repair coverage and 90 days technical support from the date of purchase. This protection plan extends coverage to two years on both levels. This gives peace of mind to iPhone users as they can easily call for help to resolve issues regarding their iPhones. This plan costs $69 at the Apple Store. Learn more about the AppleCare Protection Plan in the Apple website.
- Insurance. When buying a phone that is more than $200, it is best to get a Smartphone insurance, which can cost $5 to $20 a month. This covers stolen and lost phones as well as damage on phones. Before you decide on getting insurance, read this very helpful article from MSNBC.com.
Tips Before You Buy iPhones
Decide on what iPhone you really need. Is it an iPhone 3G or the iPhone 4? Do you need the 16GB one or the 32GB one? Analyze your needs first to ensure you won’t end up paying more money than what you actually need.
Purchase from trusted stores only. The best place to purchase your iPhone is of course the Apple Store. Check their online store for a more convenient experience. You can also read the features, specs, and prices of your options here. Both AT&T and Verizon Wireless stores are also good places to purchase an iPhone. Check out the AT&T Store Locator and Verizon Store Locator to find stores near you.
Decide on the service plans that will answer your needs. Don’t go for plans that you think you will not use to the full limit. One way to save on your iPhone purchase is for you to know how you will be using the Smartphone so you can get better deals on the data, text, and voice plans. The same is true when choosing apps for your iPhone. Check this link on available apps for your iPhone at the Apple Store.