You only get to be married once and so you must make sure you preserve all memories until the very end. A good professional wedding photographer can be your ticket towards a long-lasting memory for this very much special occasion in your life. However, you must take note that a wedding photographer may add up to your overall wedding expenses. But still, every penny you pay for this service is worth all the memories that will last a lifetime. Read on and find out the average cost of a wedding photographer.
Typical Cost Of A Wedding Photographer
The average cost of a wedding photographer is $300 per hour.
Included In The Price Of A Wedding Photographer
The price includes the time and services of a photographer per hour. In some cases, the price includes a limited number of prints.
Consider These Factors
- Budget. You have to take note of your budget when getting a wedding photographer. You can find perfect photographers in four different categories such as budget, mid-range, upper mid-range, and high end photography. For instance, a budget photographer may offer one to four hours of coverage, photo album, and printable images in under $500. High end photographers, on the other hand, can cost $3,000 or more that include unlimited coverage, three photographers to shoot at different locations, albums, and photo books.
- Time. How long do you need the services of the wedding photographer? The longer you need him, the higher the actual cost can become. A budget photographer offering $150 per hour can still cost you more than a thousand dollars if you need his services for more than eight hours.
- Number of photos. How many printed photos do you want to be a part of the wedding album and the loose prints? Generally, the more photos you want, the cheaper the price of each photograph becomes.
- Kind of album. If you are getting a package from the photographer, you are expected to receive an album. The kind and quality of the album you want for the wedding pictures can affect the end price of the wedding photographer’s services.
- Photographer. The experience, skills, and credentials of the wedding photographer can affect the prices of your wedding photography. Amateur photographers price their services cheaply while experienced and skilled photographers can price their services higher depending on the credibility and reputation they have already earned.
- Video. If you want videos of your wedding, you may need to invest more. Some photography services can also get you a videographer. The price can range from $400 to $1,000.
- Additional services. Wedding photographers offer additional services that are usually not included in their packages. This includes framed prints, folder prints, DVD slideshows, thank you cards, and the like.
Tips Before You Decide To Get A Wedding Photographer
To help you get an idea on how much your wedding photography expenses will cost, use this online wedding calculator from AdamReadingPhotography.com.
Make sure to get a very reliable and experienced wedding photographer because the quality and success of your wedding photographs will depend on your choice of photographer. You can ask for references from your family and friends who have hired photographers before. Take note, however, that a professional wedding photographer is not only skilled in taking shots but also has a good character. He must be friendly and trustworthy, not to mention yet reliable especially when it comes to punctuality and deadlines. Read this article on choosing the best wedding photographer as posted in WeddingPhotographyDirectory.com.
The International Society of Professional Wedding Photographers can also help you find a good photographer near you. Or, you can use FindAWeddingPhotographer.net for a directory of wedding photographers in the U.S.
If you are on a budget, there are several ways on how to save money on wedding photography. StreetDirectory.com lists nine ways to help you save money.
Before you close a deal with any wedding photographer, make sure to get a written documentation of the contract including the services you can get out of what you will be paying him for.